Many of you who have been involved in an accident may not know that Insurance Corporation of British Columbia (ICBC) has made significant changes. Compared to previous ICBC models, the new care-based insurance model has significantly increased recovery benefits for BC residents injured in a crash.
So, what do you need to do? I’ve written a quick little summary of all the steps you need.
1) Report an ICBC Claim
- Once you’ve reported a claim online or by phone, you’ll receive an email that includes your claim number and if you’ve been injured, you’ll be put in contact with an ICBC Claims Specialist.
- Once you have your claim number, you can get in contact with a trusted physiotherapist/health professional of your choice to receive your initial consultation immediately.
2) Choose your Health Care Providers
- ICBC has increased their fees on all their rehab services to reflect fair market rate for a standard visit. The patient will be responsible for paying a user fee portion if the clinic decides to require a higher service rate, but this is not the standard expectation at this time.
- You do NOT need a Dr/GP note to begin physiotherapy, but although it is not a requirement to begin your recovery process, a visit to your GP is still strongly recommended as they can chart your symptoms and provide you guidance in the process alongside your physiotherapist.
3) Book your Physio Appointment for an Initial Assessment!
Get in touch with us! We are open for bookings Mon-Fri 7am-7pm and Saturday 8am-2pm (PST).
4) Your Physiotherapist will develop a treatment care plan
- Attend your physiotherapy initial assessment through Online Telephysio, and receive an Exercise Band with Muscle Release/Massage Ball Kit
- Receive a detailed, PDF and personalised online Exercise Program customised to you by your VanCity Physiotherapist, which is updated weekly depending on your progress!
5) Get Treatment and start your Recovery!
- (With no out-of-pocket cost!)
If you have any questions or are ready to get started, contact us at email@example.com.