In Person and Virtual Sessions
Kinesiologists are dedicated to optimizing your body’s performance through exercise and movement. Bringing a multidisciplinary scientific approach, our kinesiologists are expertly trained and dedicated to their craft. Kinesiology can help improve acute care post-injury, prevent future injuries, and train you to move better for life.
IS KINESIOLOGY RIGHT FOR YOU?
Our team focuses on overcoming long standing injuries, reducing chronic pain, and helping clients achieve their wellness and health goals. Patients who are rehabilitating injuries, high-performance athletes, and anyone looking to improve their overall health can benefit from this service.
Benefits of kinesiology include:
• Reducing aches and pains
• Healing past or new injuries
• Preventing future injuries
• Reducing chronic pain symptoms
• Improving balance
• Boosting immune function
I attribute my personal physical success to Vancity Physio's knowledge, personality, and example. Not only did Vancity Physio help me to reach my personal physical goals, but they also empowered me with the knowledge of a healthier lifestyle which has allowed me to greatly surpass those goals.— Matt S.
Vancity Physio has played a pivotal role in my journey to healing my back after a car accident in 2017. Their positive attitude and ability to build instant rapport with each of his clients constantly amazes me.
Their dedication to solving the mystery behind my injury and constant support in advocating for my health has been a necessary component to the success I've had treating this injury.
I trust Vancity Physio fully with this injury and I will undoubtedly be visiting any time I need to see a physiotherapist in the future. Do yourself a favour and book in now!— Gabrielle D.
I wanted to take a moment to write you a note of gratitude for your time and efforts during my recovery. Your attitude, depth of knowledge, and commitment really helped me through one of the roughest times in my life.— M. Goddard
- Physiotherapist: Siara's pursuit of excellence led her to complete a Master's degree in Physiotherapy in the United Kingdom, broadening her global perspective on healthcare and rehabilitation. She is currently in the process of transferring her degree and as an interim physiotherapist, she is eagerly anticipating her final licensing exam which is slated for February 2024.
- PhD Pursuit: Siara is currently dedicated to a part-time PhD program in Rehabilitation Sciences at UBC, reflecting her unwavering dedication to advancing the field of rehabilitation and contributing to pioneering research.
- Certified Kinesiologist: Siara completed her undergraduate studies in Kinesiology at the esteemed University of British Columbia (UBC), where she cultivated a profound understanding of human movement, exercise science, and rehabilitation. As a kinesiologist, Siara possesses the skills and knowledge to evaluate movement patterns, prescribe tailored exercise regimens, and offer guidance to enhance physical well-being.
- Yoga Teacher & Trainer: With over two years of experience in teaching yoga to diverse populations, Siara has also worked one-on-one with individuals recovering from injuries or facing physical limitations. Her adaptable teaching approach ensures that all clients can access the benefits of yoga practice, making it a valuable tool for achieving health goals.
Chris is a registered Kinesiologist and a practicing member of the British Columbia Association of Kinesiologists (BCAK). He is passionate about helping others, improving quality of life and staying in motion!
In 2019 Chris graduated from the University of Ottawa from the Human Kinetics Program. While at UOttawa. Chris volunteered as an exercise therapist for the MS Society and became practiced in working with neurological disorders and rehabilitation programming. Since graduating, he has been working with a wide variety of clients such as those with musculoskeletal injuries, car accidents (including ICBC), and chronic pain.